Whether you are an athlete, casual gym-goer, or someone who constantly suffers from pains and aches due to aging or lifestyle-related factors, we all know how relaxing massages can be for us. A few sweeps over those aching muscles can make you feel less stressed. However, for most of us, it isn’t possible to opt for an in-person massage frequently, which is why percussion massage guns have gained a lot of popularity these days. Although their effectiveness is yet to be clinically proven, numerous users swear by these massage tools and claim that they can help deal with acute and chronic muscle pain, spasms, tendinitis, etc.
Due to their growing popularity, these at-home therapy tools are now available in a wide price range and come with a lot of massage heads so you can specifically target the affected muscle group. With so many options available, it can be quite confusing to choose the right one. On our website, we have reviewed many popular percussion massage tools like the Homech massage gun and the Theragun massage gun. Here, we will be briefing you about the Chiro Gun massage tool, which is also one of the top-rated massage tools available at an affordable price. We have strived hard to provide you with all relevant information on the build, the quality, effectiveness, noise-level, battery life, its massage heads, etc. so you can confidently decide if it is meant for you.
Before we go into the details, let’s look at some of its key features.
Key features and specifications of Chirogun Massage Gun
- Weight: Not mentioned but buyers have stated that it weighs around 1.5 lbs
- Dimensions: 15.3 x 4.29 x 11.5 inches
- Battery running time: 6 hours
- Has 2550 MAH fast-charging battery with 1A/25.2V adapter
- Speed: 30 speed levels up to 3200 RPM
- Has a noise reduction design that enables it to provide you with a quieter massage with noise not exceeding 60db.
- Comes in its own protective carrying case.
- Comes with 15 different massage heads and two lacrosse balls
A detailed review of Chiro Gun Massage gun review
Design and built
Many buyers have stated that the appearance and the built of Chiro massage gun is impressive and looks almost like the tools the chiropractors use. The gun is ergonomically designed with an LED panel having touch controls.
The 15 attachment heads may confuse you but each of them has its own purpose, which is listed in the booklet that you will get with this product. Many of them are unique; you won’t find them with any other massage guns. They are designed in a way that you can use them to hit the right spot in the right way. Initially, you will have to spend some time figuring out which ones work best for which area but once you have learned their use, you will love using the gun even at the slightest opportunity. Plus, the lacrosse balls come handy when you just want to roll them over your aching muscles without actually using the gun. You get all these at such an affordable price.
Even the case is well-built. It is a hard-shell zippered case with various pockets to hold the contents in their place while traveling. There is another small hard case inside that holds various attachment heads so you don’t lose them. The case has paddings to protect the gun and makes storage and carrying much easier.
Numerous buyers, especially athletes have confirmed that the Chiro gun massage tool is as effective as the expensive percussion massage guns such as the Theragun or the Hypervolt ones. A few have even compared its effectiveness to that of an in-person massage. We have also tried it personally and we too agree with them. However, Chiro gun offers more of a ‘vibrating massage’ whereas percussion massagers are supposed to offer you ‘punching massages’.
Watch the above video. We have explained how its head just vibrates instead of going back and forth like the Theragun massage tool does. That’s what a percussion massage gun is supposed to do. It needs to penetrate deeper and punch your muscles. Chiro gun massager doesn’t really go deeper, even though the manufacturer claims it does. It provides more of a ‘generic massage’ and not deep tissue massage.
This doesn’t mean that 94% of buyers who have rated it 4 stars and above are wrong. Chiro massage gun is great for muscle sprain, tension, text neck, sciatic pain, and other problems that do not require intense, deep massages, which means most of us will like whatever it offers. But, if you are an athlete or if you are involved in serious fitness training, this gun will not be quite effective for relaxing your tensed, sore muscles and preparing you for your next session. It is also not effective for people who are into physically demanding jobs. Such people need intense massages which this gun can’t provide. TheraGun Elite or TheraGun Pro will be better alternatives (even though they are expensive).
6 hours battery life is decent, although similar products in this price range such as the Homech massage gun offer close to 10 hours of battery life. Although most buyers are happy with Chiro massage gun’s battery performance, a few buyers have stated that the battery starts to malfunction after a few weeks. For a few buyers, the battery won’t charge after a few weeks of use. For others, the gun starts to change its speed on its own. Only a handful of buyers have experienced this, so we will still vouch for Chirogun massage tool.
This is where Chirogun massage tool beats all its competitors. The manufacturer states that the battery of this massage gun uses advanced noise reduction technology to offer you a quiet and comfortable massage. This claim is correct. We have tested Chirogun massage gun personally. It is truly quiet even when you use it at its max speed. Most percussion massage tools are too loud.
- No other percussion massage tool can beat this one in terms of price, value, and quality. The two complementary lacrosse balls can cost around $15 if you buy them separately. Plus, no other massage gun offers 15 different attachments.
- Quieter than most expensive massage tools. As you can see in the video review above, this gun doesn’t make excessive noise like Theregun or Hypervolt, so you don’t have to shut it off before speaking to someone.
- The ergonomically designed handle makes it easier to use, even though it looks bulky. One buyer has mentioned that his 6 year old daughter uses it on his back for several minutes before feeling any tiredness in her hands.
- Shipping is fast. The product comes well-packed and buyers haven’t reported any missing part or attachment.
- Many buyers have stated that they feel thankful to Chiro Gun for sending some replacement gaskets with the kit, so they can use them whenever needed.
- Chiro gun doesn’t have an auto shut down feature. So, if you forget to switch it off, it can get overheated, which could permanently damage the device other than draining the battery.
- While there are speed levels, as you go up, the speed starts to feel almost equal. For example; when you are at speed 15, you won’t feel much difference when you jump to 17 or 20, or even 22. This is because the difference between each speed level is very minor. This isn’t a complaint but we thought you must know because many times people get tempted by the fact that they can use it at 30 different speed levels.
- Some buyers have stated that the instructions provided regarding the use of each massage head are inadequate. They could have been more extensive, so you don’t have to do much guesswork. Even the product video is not quite elaborative.
- A few buyers have stated that the gun is heavier than they expected.
- Well, the customer service team isn’t responsive. Many buyers have stated that they do not answer calls and rarely reply to emails, which is obviously an unprofessional approach, especially for a good product like this.
Our Rating: 4.7/5
Chirogun massage tool is a well-built product that provides much more than what you can expect from an inexpensive massage tool like this. It is powerful enough for people who are looking for light massages but it isn’t powerful enough for athletes. Nevertheless, it is one of the best products in its niche and definitely worth buying.