HultFit is a well-established company that manufactures and sells affordable home gym equipment such as weight plates, barbells, kettlebells, battle ropes, weighted bars, power cages, etc. Most of its products are well-rated by buyers. The HulkFit 1000-Pound Capacity Multi-Function Adjustable Power Cage is no exception. It is also sold under the brand name BalanceFrom on various online shops including Walmart.
Hulkfit power cage has a typical yellow and black color combination, which makes it look different from the typical black and grey power cages. The 11 gauge steel construction, 1000lbs weight-bearing capacity, angled pull-up bar, multi-functional accessories, and a heavy weight are other notable features of this low-priced power rack.
It is suitable for almost everyone, even the athletes and bodybuilders, provided they are not looking for gym-grade quality. Being inexpensive, it does reflect the typical Chinese construction with sloppy welds and chipped paint. But, the build and stability are exceptionally good. These two factors matter the most when choosing a squat rack, which is why Hulkfit power rack is in demand these days.
If you still doubt its quality, this testimonial from a satisfied buyer will help you:
“Few products on the market satisfies me and this cage is by far one of them. Easy to assemble, they even give you spare bolts and nuts, doesn’t no need to be bolted down. All bolts are the same dimension, very solid pull-up bar. What determine the purchase aside from the price was the 2 safety bars that can be attached at various elevation, that permits to go high on the weights or exercise without the risk of accidents. As you could see on my picture this rack is working also with a standard bar. Very happy, thanks guys, Cezar, MI”
If you are interested in this solid piece of power cage from HulkFit, please read below for more details on its features, stability, durability, assembly, etc.
Features and Specifications of Hulkfit/Balance Form Power Cage
- Dimensions: 81″ x 44″ x 47″
- Weight-bearing capacity is 1000lbs
- Accessories included: two safety bars, 2 pairs of J-hooks, two dip bars, two angles pull-up grips (not a whole bar). You can buy lat pulldown and cable crossover attachments separately.
- The frame is made of 2.5” X 2.5” 11 gauge steel.
- The safety bars are made of solid steel.
- It provides you multiple height adjustment options with 3” spacing between each hole.
Built and Stability
- The assembled weight of BalanceFrom Power cage is 165lbs. It is quite heavier than other competitive products such as the Fitness Reality 810XLT power cage that weighs 133lbs. Here is a detailed review of Fitness Reality 810XLT squat cage.
- The distance between the posts is 26”, so there is plenty of space for you to perform most types of exercises. Even taller people do not have to bend their knees while doing pullups.
- It can bear 1000 lbs of weight without any stability issues.
- The accessories such as dip bars and pull-up bars are padded adequately, so you can explore your full potential without any discomfort.
- The positions of the dip bars are adjustable.
“I’m glad I decided to go with this rack, because I couldn’t be happier with it. It is very sturdy. I weigh about 200 lbs and can do pull ups on it without it rocking. I put 250 lbs of weight on a bar, and again, the rack handled the weight solidly. The dip bars are a really nice add on.”
The holes of Hulkfit power rack have a gap of 3” between them. This is not unusual in inexpensive power racks. Since BalanceFrom Power cage is meant for intermediate and advanced weight trainers, 3” gap is good enough. Beginners and athletes who need to work with precision would, however, require 1” or 2” gaps to prevent injuries. Racks with 1” hole spacing are rare and expensive but you can find some inexpensive options with 2” hole spacing. TDS power rack is one such product.
Assembling Hulkfit power cage is easy. You can do it alone, as there are not too many parts. But, if you do not have much assembly experience, you may have to struggle a bit. This is because it doesn’t come with a detailed instruction manual. You will only receive a pictograph to help you but most buyers were able to put it together. Hulkfit does provide some extra nuts and bolts so in case you lose one, you don’t have to rush to a nearby store.
Here are some helpful assembly tips from a buyer:
“A couple of tips:
– Slide in the horizontal safety bars before you tighten everything.
– Once you tighten everything, go around and tighten everything again for a bit more stability.
– If you have a low ceiling you can install the pulp bar inside down”
Shipping and Delivery
Shipping isn’t great and can take a few weeks. You can expect a beaten up package that could even cause minor dents and scratches on the cage. Some buyers also got packages with missing parts. The customer service team is slow but be assured that they will ship you the missing parts.
- Although being an inexpensive home gym equipment, Hulkfit power cage has a good walk-in depth so you can exercise comfortably. Even taller people can do pull ups without bending their legs.
- 1000 lbs weight capacity is difficult to find this price range.
- Hulkfit squat rack comes with two pairs of j-hooks and not one.
- The included accessories such as dip bars and pull-up bars are well-built and serve their purpose well.
- The pull-up bars can be attached upside down, in case you have a low ceiling.
- The cage, the dip bars, and the pull-up bars are all very sturdy and do not wobble.
- The posts measure 2.5” X 2.5” whereas most other power cages come with 2” X 2” posts. This non-standard size restricts the number and type of accessories you can buy. Most j-hooks are meant for 2”X2” ones.
- The floor anchoring option is missing.
- The paint chips but most buyers don’t mind that because you can’t expect much from a power cage in this price range.
- As mentioned above, Hulkfit should consider creating a detailed assembly guide instead of letting people struggle with a diagram.
Our rating: 4.0/5
Hulkfit/Balancefrom power cage is one of the best entry level power cages that you can buy below $500. Plus, you can upgrade it later with a lat pull machine, a cable crossover machine, weight bench, etc. as and when you are ready to spend more. Currently, the Hulkfit power rack is sold at a much higher price on Amazon as compared to Walmart and its own website. We suggest you compare the prices before buying.