When it comes to a home gym power tower, the Weider Power Tower is one of the most popular in the market today. It has great features that target every part of your upper body and keeps you in shape. Amongst other things, it means you won’t be afraid to take your shirt when next you’ll be visiting the beach, ha-ha.
Anyways, are you looking to build your core, lats, forearm, shoulders, or chest, and you need a piece of home equipment that does all the job? The Weider Power Tower is one of your best bets. In this post, we’ll tell you why. By the end of this post, all grey areas concerning the Weider Power Tower will be cleared, and hopefully, you’ll be able to make a decision.
What is the Weider Power Tower?
The Weider Power Tower is a home workout equipment that has five workout stations and gives you a solid upper body physique. The five stations are:
- The padded pull-up station which targets your forearms and biceps. It can as well work on your lats, pectorals(pecs), and abdominals.
- The vertical knee raise that builds your abs and core strength. The knee raise station can also be used for leg raises.
- The push-up station, which is great for biceps, core, and shoulders workout. This station is designed to make you do deeper pushups, which is more effective.
- The dip station that works on your triceps, shoulders, and chest. When doing dips, you’re advised not to go too low and overwork your shoulders. Your elbows should be at 90 degrees for optimum results.
- The calf raise station that can be used to build your lower leg muscles.
How Does the Weider Power Tower work?
- The vertical knee raised targets your core from all angles. So, it does not only build your abs; it gives your stronger hip flexors and obliques.
- The equipment allows you to maximize push-ups. The push-up station is designed to give you a broader chest and stronger shoulder muscles.
- The equipment uses your body weight as resistance when you use the pull-up station to build your forearms, lats, and biceps.
Features of the Weider Power Tower
The Weider Power Tower frame is made of steel, making it sturdy and durable. Also, the Weider Power Tower is easy to use and very comfortable thanks to the well-padded bars and high-quality leather backrest made of sewn vinyl material. It has a dimension of 53.2 x 43.3 x 86.6 inches and a weight of 86 lbs. The home equipment has a weight limit of 300lbs.
The Weider Power Tower has a squat rack, an adjustable safety spotter, a detachable curl yoke, and storage for weight plates.
Benefits of the Weider Power Tower
The build quality is this equipment is just top-notch. When assembled properly, it can be used by heavier persons without shaking or failing. The handles and bars have incredible grip and are easy to hold unto even when you begin to sweat. The weight limit for this equipment is pretty decent. At 300 lbs, it can be used by a wide range of people without fear.
The dimension of the Weider Power Trainer makes it quite spacious and suitable for taller individuals. The padded bars and comfy backrest allow for maximum workout time with fewer strains or injuries, even with the toughest routines.
The Weider Power Tower offers incredible value for money. It’s one of the cheapest Power Train you’d find in the market with respect to what it offers.
What’s more, the Weider Power Tower is very easy to assembly. The package comes with a user manual that clearly guides you on how to assemble the equipment without hassles. If you are doing it alone, it could take about 2 hours to finish up. With extra hands, however, the assembly process can be completed in less than an hour.
Drawbacks of the Weider Power Tower
Well, if you’re not so tall, you’d need to jump to hold onto the pull-bar. This can be a little annoying for some people. You should note that the Weider Power Tower is that it uses your body weight to provide resistance. This means that for starters, workouts may be intense until you progressively get used to it. Only during pull-up sessions can your place your feet on the bar to reduce the resistance.
One major drawback of the Weider Power track is the packaging and assembly process. Yes, we said assembly is easy; however, buyers have complained of missing hardware in the packages or screws that don’t fit due to holes that were poorly drilled. You may just have to purchase the missing hardware again, which isn’t expensive, really. But these unnecessary processes can make assembly worrisome.
Key Points to Note When Assembling the Weider Power Tower
- Read and understand the user manual. If you skip this, the assembly may not be so straight or balance.
- Do not tighten the bolts until you’ve guided all the bolts in.
- You will need basic carpentry tools such as a head screwdriver, basic screwdriver, wrenches, and a rubber mallet.
- Find a spacious room and set it up there. The equipment is fairly huge and hence, needs space. It may be difficult to carry it about once it is assembled. Dissembling it can as well be tricky, so be sure to be intentional about where you want to have it set up.
The Weider Power Tower is one of the best power towers you can get for around $100. It is sturdy, durable, and allows users with a wide range of body weight. The equipment is designed to give you a comfortable experience. Although some buyers have expressed displeasure with the packaging, it is undeniably worth a buy as the issues can be fixed with a few bucks. The equipment is largely versatile. It is practically all you need to build your upper body.
By and large, go for this equipment if you want to build a decent home gym with a limited budget.