Click to View Transcription of Video
Quick Review Summary
Name: NewMe Fitness adjustable kettlebell handle
Features: made of stainless steel, comes with 1” or 2” loading pin, has two spin collars for 100% safety
Pros: durable, can handle heavy weight, ergonomic handle
Cons: Limits the range of motion of certain exercises
Our Rating: 4.5/5
Full Written Review:
Kettlebells are more expensive than dumbbells and other forms of free weights. Obviously, we wouldn’t want to own too many of them. Plus, each equipment or weight you buy occupies a space in your already small, space-crunched home gym.
Adjustable kettlebells seem to solve this problem. Most of them come with their own weight plates that can be added or removed from their shell for adjusting the weight. If you don’t have enough weights, you can go for them instead of buying a whole kettlebell set. Here are the 7 best-rated adjustable kettlebells that we recommend.
If, however, you have enough dumbbells or weight plates, you can buy suitable ‘kettlebell handles’ instead. These handles can hold your dumbbells or barbell plates to work like kettlebells. If you want to use your dumbbells, we recommend Kettle Gryp. If you want to use your weight plates, go for NewMe Fitness kettlebell handles.
In this blog, we are going to brief you about the NewMe Fitness Adjustable kettlebell handles. They are available with 1” or 2” holding pins, so you can buy the one that can accommodate most of your weight plates. Both the varieties are well-built and safe for use for beginners as well as seasoned athletes.
Let’s look at its key features and build in detail.
Features of NewMe Fitness Adjustable Kettlebell handle
- Material: solid stainless steel
- Weight-bearing capacity: 1” handle is rated for 900lbs. 2” handle is rated for 1200lbs
- Loadable length of 1” handle is 6.25” and 2” handle is 7.08”
- Comes with two threaded spin collars that help secure the weights tightly
- The handle is ergonomically designed to give you a good grip with both hands
Design and build
As we mentioned above, NewMe Fitness adjustable kettlebell handle is a well-designed product and is solid enough to handle ample weight for beginners, intermediates, and even advanced athletes. We tested it using 250lbs and didn’t find any issue.
The two spin-collars ensure maximum protection. Some buyers have stated that the collars get loose with time. You need to tighten them every time before use. Well, that’s true. They do get loose, which is a fairly common issue with almost all nuts, bolts, and collars. Tightening them takes hardly a few seconds, so it isn’t a major issue.
Plus, make sure you use both the collars; not just one. Many buyers have mentioned that one collar is enough to keep the weights secured but we do not recommend that. Two collars ensure absolute safety. One might slip off or get loose while you are swinging weights.
The handle is ergonomically designed and doesn’t slip. It isn’t absolutely smooth. You can feel some roughness but it won’t cause calluses or leave you with splinters.
A few buyers have complained that they received only one spin collar (some of them received none). Don’t worry; NewMe Fitness has a cooperative customer service team. They should help you with this or else you can get it replaced.
Things to keep in mind before buying NewMe Fitness adjustable kettlebell handle
- The length of this kettle handle is its major problem. It is longer than the standard kettlebells and there are high chances that its loading pin could hit the floor during the first few weeks of use when you wouldn’t be able to figure out how low you can go. Do not use it on carpeted, wooden, or tile floors until you get used to it or else you could end up damaging the floor. Such cases are rare though but a few buyers did get their carpets ripped off.
- Depending upon the diameter and the kind of plates you are using, the width of the assembled kettlebell could prevent you from doing a few exercises such as presses and snatches. But, don’t worry; you will be able to do most exercises comfortably.
- Please note that unlike conventional kettlebells, the NewMe Fitness Kettlebell handle is just like a big pin. It doesn’t stand flat on the floor. It could roll away, so you need to put it down carefully.
Our Rating: 4.5/5
Please note that the NewMe Fitness adjustable kettlebell handle doesn’t eliminate the need for kettlebells altogether. These handles do limit the range of motion due to the odd shapes they get when loaded with plates. But, if you have a small workout space or if you do not want to spend hundreds of dollars for buying kettlebell sets, this handle is definitely a great option to consider. We highly recommend it.
Looking for budget-friendly kettlebells? Here are our top recommendations.