Click to View Transcription of Video
Campark Camera Review
So this is the Campark Ultra HD 4K Action Camera. You can get it on Amazon for about $50 right now and I was really hopeful with this thing, honestly. When I first got it and I was trying out, I was really impressed with it because of the price point. It comes with actually 2 batteries, so I got one inside the camera now and then it comes with an extra battery. It also comes with a ton of various accessories here that you can use with the device like an underwater case, various mounts and cases that you can use to mount it to things like this tripod I have purchased prior on Amazon so I was very hopeful with it. And honestly, everything was going great. The camera was working well, I was impressed with it. That is until I tried to connect it to the software you’re supposed to use with it.
So the App on the iPhone that you’re supposed to use with this is called XDV and when I tried to connect this camera to that App by connecting this phone to the camera’s wifi, I simply get an error message in broken English that says, “Connect Over Time” and there was no way for me to resolve that so I can’t simply export the videos or get them off of the camera. Now normally, with most normal cameras like GoPro or something else, you can then take out your SD card and plug it in to your Mac or Windows PC and you can simply extract the video files in that way. Now interestingly enough, I did try that with this so I loaded the SD card into my Mac, tried to pull up the .mov files, and it would not play them. It complained that they were corrupted so the only thing I can assume is that there are some proprietary formats they are using to prevent that. And unfortunately, without being able to have a working App, there’s no way for me to export these videos and there’s really no way for me to recommend or even use this camera so I am going to be sending it back to Amazon.
Now, why did I buy this? Well the reason I bought this camera is because I’m looking for a cheap but usable camera to record things like my form in the Gym, maybe riding a bike or action shots like that. I’ve had a GoPro Hero 8 and it was nice. It worked properly and the software was a lot better than this, but overall, I was not so impressed with it and the ease of use was not there. So I was hoping that this could provide a kind of comparable experience but unfortunately, that’s not true. With something like this, with some of this hardware that’s coming out places like China, the hardware can be decent but unfortunately, the software is honestly shit. And you’re only as good as your software, basically.
So to sum this up, I do not recommend buying this. Even if they were to fix the App within the next few weeks or something, who knows what’s going to happen a year down the road and I would essentially render this thing useless. I did think that maybe it has something to do with the hardware of this camera or maybe I got a dud but as I looked at the reviews on the App Store, I noticed that a lot of other people were complaining about being unable to connect to that App so I really cannot recommend this camera.
If you have been looking for an affordable but good quality camera to shoot your workout videos or capture pictures of your workouts so you can check if you are in correct form, you might have across Campark 4K 20MP Action Camera. This product offers almost everything that you can expect from a $150 camera such as the GoPro ones and, yet, it is being sold at an unbelievably low price.
Fortunately, the price isn’t deceiving. The Campark 4K 20MP camera is actually a good quality product. 83% of buyers have rated it 4 stars and above. Thousands of them have accepted they are surprised by the quality of videos and photos that they can take with the help of such an inexpensive camera.
But, we aren’t really impressed with it. This Campark action camera has many minor and major flaws that we don’t want to/can’t ignore. In this blog, we will discuss all the flaws that make this camera not worth buying.
You might be surprised why we are against it despite its high ratings and thousands of reviews but, read on our review, and, in the end, you will agree with us.
Before we begin, let’s look at what this product offers.
Key features of Campark 4K 20 MP Action camera:
- 20MP camera
- Electronic image stabilization feature, which helps clear pictures and videos even when you are shooting action
- Equipped with remote control and wireless connectivity so you can use it remotely eliminating any need for selfie sticks
- Time lapse photography
- Has 170 degree wide-angle camera
- Has an external microphone, helmet camera support, and bicycle mounting kit
- Comes with a waterproof case for underwater use.
- Comes with two batteries
- Doesn’t come with an SD card
What we don’t like about the Campark action camera
This is its major flaw. The software that you need to download to use it doesn’t often work. We tried connecting the camera to our laptop for exporting the videos using wifi but it simply isn’t getting connected. Many other buyers have also faced the same problem.
We tried extracting the files from the SD card but the files didn’t open. Some other buyers have mentioned similar issues. The manufacturer hasn’t specified anything about the kind of SD you can use. It has only mentioned that it works with micro SD cards up to 64 GB.
Now, if you shoot something but can’t upload it, it’s just a waste of time. We agree that not everyone has faced the same issue. But, many of the buyers have, which means there are high chances you could face such issues.
Other issues with Capmark action camera are:
- Numerous buyers have mentioned that the 4K video claim is false. The videos aren’t 4K at all. They are decent but not 4K.
- The audio quality is not up to the mark. Can work for personal use but if you want to shoot videos for your YouTube or any other channel, you should look for other options.
- Although it comes with tons of accessories and mounting kits, it doesn’t come with a proper user guide. You will have to rely on guesswork or search YouTube for help. Numerous buyers have stated that they aren’t fully aware of all the features of this camera. They keep discovering something new frequently.
- When you start recording a video, you get a very soft beep sound; so soft that you may not even notice it. But, when you stop recording, you don’t get notified at all; no beep, no red dot. So, you wouldn’t know if you have started or stopped recording.
- It doesn’t indicate when the battery is about to die. The camera just stops working without letting you know that it’s been switched off due to battery issues. You wouldn’t know when you need to change the battery.
- Many buyers have mentioned that the batteries last much shorter than the standard batteries. So, you need to keep both of them charged.
Our Rating: 2/5
Campark 4K 20MP action camera is a risky buy. And, it’s not just because of the software. There are many other minor but irritating issues that we haven’t mentioned in this blog. Overall, we wouldn’t recommend it unless you are willing to take a risk and don’t mind the flaws.